Sunday, January 27, 2008

Anse Soleil

We had a drive down to the south of the island today, and went to a great little beach called Anse Soleil.
There is a resturant on the beach which is famous for it's seafood. Karen had the Grouper and I had the fish curry. Lisa had a bit of both.
After lunch me and Lisa needed a good stretch!
We slobbed out on the beach for the afternoon. There is some spectacular snorkelling just off the beach (discovered by Peter and Julia when they were here a few weeks ago.) The visibility was about 30 feet. We saw lots of fish and some nice corals.
I got a bit scared when I thought a trumpet fish was coming to attack me! It was pretty big, but apparently they only eat little fish. The kids at school thought it was hilarious that I was scared of a trumpet fish.
P.S. We listened to the end of the Liverpool vs Havant & Waterlooville game on the World Service last night. The local radio has also been going on about the game here, and miss-pronouncing Havant. It was fantastic that they went ahead twice. Great stuff. How about the Coalie in the 4th Round of the FA Cup next year?