Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day May Day

I had a heavy night out last night watching Liverpool lose to Chelsea in the semi-final of the Champions League. It was a great game, but a shocking hangover this morning. Luckily today is May Day..a public holiday in the Seychelles. I got a bit of a lie-in until the girls dragged me out to do some exploring.
We went down to the south of the island and stopped at a beach called Anse Louis. Peter and Julia had discovered it when they were here at Christmas. Here's me and Lisa heading off to do some beach combing. We found some very nice shells for Lisa's collection.
I did some snorkelling from Anse Louis and saw a fish that at first I thought was a stone fish (the most deadly fish in the world). It turns out that it was a fairly harmless Grouper, although apparently this fish has been known to grow large enough to swallow an adult diver. Anyway, I survived.
Happy Birthday Freddy!