Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tek Tek

We went down to the beach this evening for a sunset swim. That olympic swimmer in the sea is me. Lisa is on the beach looking for Tek Tek.
Tek Tek are small shell fish that live in the sand where the waves break. The biggest ones are about an inch across. We often watch them dig down into the sand between the waves. The locals collect them for Tek Tek soup. This is what they look like.
We were discussing the World Cup Draw at school today. All the colonial ex-pats think it is hilarious that England have drawn Croatia again. Seychelles are up against Tunisia (who they have played recently in the African nations qualifiers), Burundi and Bakino Faso. I'll have to see if I can get along to the Stad Linite to see the home legs. Come on you Pirates!

Incidently, I've just been buzzed by the biggest Praying Mantis I've seen. They are weird looking creatures!