Sunday, October 7, 2007

Anse Major

The girls wanted to chill out at home today, so I went for a walk along the coast to a beach called Anse Major. It was a warm day but there was plenty of shade and it was only a couple of miles from the end of the road round to the beach.
The path snaked it's way across a few of these huge rock slabs. They are all over the place in the Seychelles. No doubt a relic of Seychelles volcanic origins.
As I came round the corner the beach came into view. It looks like a little cracker.
A very refreshing dip, and apparently some great snorkelling, if I'd remembered to bring the snorkelling gear (dho!) Lots of cool coral was wahsing up on the beach. I did a bit of beachcombing, had another swim and then headed back. You can just see where we live in the far distance.
This little fella was on the fridge when I got back.

I dished out the ice-creams that I had been ordered to return with and settled down to listen to some of the Premiership scores coming in on the World Service. Later on we listened to Pompey beating Fulham. What has happened to Benjani? He can't stop scoring. Anyway, what a great start to the season for Pompey. I wonder if the Coalie did as well this weekend?